Since my last WIP update, I have finished a few quilts.
1) I finished my Pirate quilt (blogged about here).
This is the quilt front.
This is the quilt back.
2) I also finished my black and white (and green) string quilt, that I blogged about here.
3) But, I do have a project I am currently working on. It is a quilt using Tanya Whelan’s Dolce fabric line. I’ll be honest, this line of fabric was a little difficult to work with because of the lightness of the colors and the large designs on a majority of the fabrics. So, I had to make a quilt design that would showcase the designs in large pieces, but I also wanted to add a fine design detail to it. So, I drew up this sketch.
This is the initial layout of the fabrics, checking to make sure there is a balance of value and color in the boxes and the plus signs.
Here is the layout again, missing a strip between rows, but giving the main idea of the design of the quilt.
I just have one more piece to add to each block, and then I can start sewing the blocks together.
So, in the end…
I started out last time with 4 projects
Completed projects: 2
Given up projects 2
New projects: 1
So, total WIP: 1
That’s a nice number!