It has been two weeks since I posted a WIP post. Let’s just say, I got a lot done!
I had 8 quilts in progress last time.
2) Cape Ann Baby Quilt is also complete! Click here to learn more about this quilt.
3) and 4) T-shirt Memory Quilts are done! These quilts, although they appear simple, were very challenging. I had to make quilts that represent one person, and yet will be used by little girls who will grow up one day and still have these quilts. They needed to be timeless, and that was a very difficult process. Learn more about these quilts here.
5) Quilt for Baby S is done! This is my version of a “no pastel, no pink” baby girl quilt. I love the result. Learn about this quilt here.
6) and 7) Don’t be mad. I gave up doing my Quilt of Valor II quilt. It’s not that I don’t want to do another one. I just didn’t want to do this particular quilt right now. But don’t worry, I absorbed all of the 2.5 inch squares I cut out for it, and I also cut out 2.5 inch squares from my scraps, and I’m going to make a couple of Granny Square (Tutorial by Jolene of Blue Elephant Stitches) Quilts. I can’t help it. I love these blocks, and they are pretty fun to make. I hope I can make 60 before I get burned out! This picture shows 15 blocks, but I’ve been working at them and I now have 22. YAY!
8) I had no progress on my Homeward Bound Christmas Quilt, but it is just waiting to be basted, so stay tuned…
These are not for a quilt I am making, but these Japanese x and + blocks are for a charity quilt that will be made by the Salt Lake Modern Quilt Guild.
9) A member of the SLMQG, Elisa of “Stitch outside the Ditch” was given a lot of Bee’s Knees Fabric by Terrie Mangat. She challenged us to make a hexagon quilt using this fabric. I am very excited about my block design, and I am in the middle of doing a LOT of cutting. It’ll be fun!
10) I am still working on my Skill Builder Sampler blocks. I have not completed this week’s block yet, which is a wonky star, but I have finished my wonky log cabin block, so here it is!
Quilts in progress last time: 8
Finished Quilts: 5
Quilts no longer working on: 1
Quilts started: 3
I guess I am at 5 quilts. I am loving that number.