Last WIP post, I had 5 projects. This is how everything is going…
I’ve had no progress on my:
1) Quilt of Valor II
2) Skill Builder Sampler (But Leila is back to blogging, and so I’ll be doing more, soon!)
I did finish one quilt!
3) The Ultimate Boy Quilt is finished! Last time it looked like this:
I was able to use the pattern for my Hybrid Quilt (Tutorial found here).
I did make a few changes, though. I put one solid panel of fabric down the middle instead of the strings. And, I added a strip of solid Kona Cadet Blue on either side, unifying the lattice portion of the quilt. I quilted it differently, using straight line quilting. Here is the final result:
And, I am happy to say that it is already being used as the roof of many couch forts. Learn more about this quilt here.
4) My pile of extra Cape Ann charms (now 2.5 inch squares) went from this
5) And other quilt in that picture (tutorial by Vanessa of V and C0. and found at the Moda Bake Shop) is now this and ready to be bound.
6) and 7) I am in the middle of making two memory T-shirt quilts for my little neighbors from their dad’s T-shirts. But, I was able to complete these Cathedral Window memory pillows, so they have something to hold on to until the quilts are done. Learn more about these pillows here.
8) My interpretation of a Coin Quilt. This is a quilt for my cousin, who didn’t want pink or pastels for her baby girl. I hope I caught her vision 🙂
9) Last WIP post, I also showed you the beginnings of my Homeward Bound Christmas Quilt (Homeward Bound Block Tutorial found here). I finished the quilt top! Each of these blocks has 73 individual pieces of fabric. As you can imagine, this quilt top took FOREVER to complete!
But well worth all the work! So, I started off with 5 quilts, I added 4 new ones, and I finished one. I’m at 8 quilts now. But, 5 of them are quilt tops, so it looks as if I have a lot of quilting in my future. And more finishes to show off next time!