I finished a quilt that I was making for a neighbor having their first boy.
I wanted to test and see how far one jelly roll could go. Could it make the whole front of a baby quilt? I didn’t want to just do a stripe quilt, so I thought I would mix it up by sewing them together on an angle. I drew lines 2 inches from one end of each strip. This is where I would place the next strip to be sewn.
I then added a cream colored sashing and prepared a backing for the quilt.
The fabric in the back is this nursery rhyme fabric, that i love (I bought 7 yards of it! I better love it!)
Front and back.
Here is an image of it close up:
And, since I had extra binding, and a little extra fabric, I went ahead and made a glorified burp cloth.
I have never spent so much time on something intended to be spit up on. But, I love it!
Before I washed this quilt, it was 34 inches by 51 inches. After washing, it was 31.5 inches by 47.5 inches. That is about a 7% decrease because of shrinkage.