Since I was on vacation for a week, and my sewing machine was getting a tune-up, I’ve been a little slow on some of my projects. I did get a couple of things done, though.
1) This pile of paper and green, black, and white strings became this quilt top.
It is kind of busy, but I will find a nice mellow back to go with it.
I did finish a quilt this week. But it was a new one that wasn’t even on my list.
2) Two weeks ago, I showed this project, and it still isn’t done (although I have made a bunch of half square triangles, so that is progress!) I wanted to make a girl version of this quilt, so I cut out over 400 2.5 inch scraps, made 80 half square triangles (using 3 inch scraps of a printed fabric square and a white fabric square). I had originally planned to put them together in this layout:
But, it was too busy. I already had them sewn into 4×4 blocks, so I decided to just work with that, and put together another possible layout.
Kind of boring, but much better, visually.
3) So, here is the finished quilt.
I have to admit, the back is my favorite.
I bound it with Holly Holderman’s Dolly dresses leaves in celery.
I was able to get a bunch of Holly Holderman’s Dolly Dresses fabric for a really great price. I made some stacks of fat quarters, if anyone is interested.
And now that I have made this quilt, I now know a little more about what I want to do with the boy version of this quilt. Stay tuned to see that one.
Quilts yet to be touched this week:
4) pirate quilt
5) bursting star quilt
6) Diamond Boy quilt
Thanks for visiting!