I am linking up to Lee’s “Work in progress” post.
1) These past two weeks have been fun sewing weeks. Last time, I had finished a scrappy girl quilt, and said that I had the squares cut out to make a boy one just like it. Well, I finished it, so here they are, in a side by side comparison…
And, here are the quilt backs, to see another way I changed things up a bit.
I decided to use a bright blue for the binding. I love how it frames the dark expresso color.
I had used free motion meandering for the girl scrappy quilt, but then I decided to try a more geometric pattern with the boy one. So, I did a grid pattern. After washing and drying, it measured 37.5 inches by 47.5 inches. It will be a gift to a family that is pregnant with their first baby boy.
2) I was also able to piece the entire top to the pirate boat quilt, and I also made a lot of progress for the back.
This quilt will be given to my kid’s teacher, who LOVES pirates. I couldn’t quilt do super fancy pirate boats, but I hope she still appreciates it. I worked on the back as well, and I am hoping to have this thing finished by this weekend! (The quilt back has the kids names on it, but for privacy’s sake, I blurred them out. So don’t worry, it didn’t bleed!)
3) I still need to find the perfect backing for my string quilt…
4) Bursting star quilt–no progress.
5) Diamond boy quilt–no progress
So, one quilt complete, four still in progress.
Thanks for visiting!